Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Masters Week :-)

Anthony Kim was strong enough down the stretch to give Rick his first skin and $24. I guess Rooster Boy can buy the first round of drinks (if we go for the local beers and not the imported stuff), down at the Newport Hong Kong, when Tony throws his $132 down on the Lazy Susan. The New Skin is $12, the overall is up to $112 and we all owe $70. I could talk a bit about the Houston Open and what it means, but I won't. Mainly because Rick won, and we don't want to go on about that, do we?

Thursday night is Golfer's New Years Eve because Friday morning Aussie time is MASTERS WEEK!!!!!!

What can you say about this course, this tournament, this field? What can you say about the history, the past champions, the ecstasy of the winner, the heartbreak of the vanquished. What can you say about Greg Norman and Augusta?

Not fucking much that hasn't already been said by so many, for so long, so I'm not going to try. Most weeks, I try to research the history of the event, the past champions and what it might mean to helping you pick your Fantasy Teams. I do this, as only the most ardent golf fans, would have a clue for the week to week form and suitability for tracks of today's pampered pro's.

Not so this weekend my friends. You no doubt all have a good idea of who plays well here and so I'll leave it completely alone this week. Except for this....

In the same way that the Houston Open is considered a great warm up for the Masters because both courses play hard, fast & windy, why have the Australians such a good record in Houston, but still on a duck for Augusta. I know Norman played great here many years and had his chances, but why have no other Australians played all that well here on a consistent basis. On the face of it, this Major should be the one that the Aussies find the easiest to win, but it obviously it hasn't turned out that way.

Could this be the year? My fingers are crossed.

Good Luck All !

The LRFG

No comments: